EXCITING CHANGES TO COME!!!

Dick and I have made some big changes for the year to come!! We are downsizing to free us up to do the things we have always wanted to do ..... that is.... free to travel, spend more time together, follow His lead for new adventures, no more retail store after 27 years, more time with kids, but still MORE ART and probably some sewing classes for girls ..... that is a dream right now ..... but the ART won't stop, it will be here on the blog as soon as we finish remodeling our NEW/OLD smaller home about 20 miles away. SO STAY TUNED ... we'll be having a big sale and beautiful house and property SALE in the SUMMER!! MORE FREEDOM ON IT'S WAY!!! WooHoo!!! And THANKS for all your support the last twenty seven years in my shop!!!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

FAMOUS ANTIQUE SHOWS BEGIN...the Gallery is ready.

Roma's Door....used in some artwork and a story about it in the previous post....for sale and a new quilt with Patty's painting....on the porch swing....it was a beautiful day today.... Different framing makes the same print look different....like a different hair do! I love this old fabric star out of sixties fabric..... Still need to do Trust or Faith..... This red wall really makes things pop!! Just some goodies in the great old cabinet....love that pink.... Yes, I even hang them on the doors! Here we are hung in a different frame! Full and tightly hung!! Got the Fireman's Feast poster framed.... The last birds.... The big festival of buying antiques, junk, art, crafts, primitives,.....etc, have begun! Actually it has been going for a week already....it starts earlier each year and seems to last longer.....or is it my feet that give out!! Never the less, I am ready!! We have had four groups in our main house and cottage so far, and five more groups coming to experience the excitement of the hunt for something unique and special to take home .... or to their shop. Many come from California, some from around the corner .... all excited and pumped to beat the trail. We have already had good response here and sales in the ART area .... YAY !!! My new art has been a hit so far ( I wasn't sure if it would go over) .... I framed prints of the originals and the originals are hanging too!! So far Tito's Birds have been the most popular, with Roma's Door, Ed and Me on the horse and then the Garden Collage...and a couple of the Roses....and only two of my bird sculptures left .... I got some new quilts in that are fun and bright colors .... it just looks like spring around here, even tho it has been cold! AND sold some old dishes and an antique bathing suit from the twenties .... and old buttons .... so I'm a happy camper and it hasn't even hit yet! Here are a few shots of the gallery .... sorry I didn't get more, my digital card was full! Enjoy!! Should have more quilt photos and the old doors later...and then I'll BRAG about one of my guests.... but later.... you meet the most interesting people when you have a B and B!!

3 comments:

nelda ream said...

The gallery looks wonderful. So glad you had great sales. Maybe I need to come for the next show.

Jean said...

I'm so glad that you visited my blog, because now I found YOUR beautiful and inspiring blog! What beautiful photos you have! I look forward to getting to know you in the blog world!! :) Jean

Victorian Lady said...

This looks great! :) There are so many things here that I want! :) Found you through Mystele...so glad I did!

Mere