EXCITING CHANGES TO COME!!!

Dick and I have made some big changes for the year to come!! We are downsizing to free us up to do the things we have always wanted to do ..... that is.... free to travel, spend more time together, follow His lead for new adventures, no more retail store after 27 years, more time with kids, but still MORE ART and probably some sewing classes for girls ..... that is a dream right now ..... but the ART won't stop, it will be here on the blog as soon as we finish remodeling our NEW/OLD smaller home about 20 miles away. SO STAY TUNED ... we'll be having a big sale and beautiful house and property SALE in the SUMMER!! MORE FREEDOM ON IT'S WAY!!! WooHoo!!! And THANKS for all your support the last twenty seven years in my shop!!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

THINGS ARE LOOKIN UP!

ART PLAY.... I just noticed the title in the flower!...."Christ Helps Us".... that was not an accident! Play...collage, water color, stamping....work in progress... Working on a border for an order... found these metal birds I had and just traced around them for the bird shapes.... Some old wrapping paper to see what kind of background would work.... A poem a friend ordered for her granddaughter...with new border.... The fun light sticks...with my camera! The Christmas gift HIT!!!....all 12 for one dollar!! Nativity we made in the kids class at church....Dick and I had 34 kids, all ages, therefore we made lots of extra camels and sheep and angels....but there could only be ONE Jesus! I meant to post sooner....to apologize for the "down" post last time, but it was just one of those days !! In time they pass and the comments and voices from the world around us don't always affect us so strongly each time....that day was just different ..... we unfortunately live in a very selfish world ..... ANYWAY .... things are lookin' up and Christmas Day is around the corner!! We opened the "only" gift early since we had kids here early..... Dick and I (grandparents) bought each other .... ha, ha, ha... the Wii !! Do you think there was a little pressure from the grandkids!?!? ....actually from our 38 year old son as well!! He is still a kid at heart... thank goodness! And as I am blogging right now Grand dad Peck and Tito, 9 are "bowling" right in our living room ..... no cigarette smoke or smell of beer!!! YAY! (Too bad the modern day bowling alleys are more like bars now and not a good atmosphere for kids.... but I guess they have to make money.) You would have to have a "Wii" to realize how much fun it is! We only need a second remote or "numchuk" so we can both box.... tee hee ....who do you think will win??...me or Dick? I have no doubt....I'll beat the socks off of him .....ha! I love this game! You actually get up and do the actual movements....so you aren't sitting around! Forgive me..... we are a little behind!! I may be boring you ....THEN, the other totally fun thing the kids liked was purchased at Dollar Tree....for a dollar!....They are light sticks....they come twelve in a cardboard tube and are 8" long and you can hook them together.....well, the kids played with them for hours and hours....in the dark.....it was very entertaining and so darn cheap!! I'm buying more next time I go there....it was almost the favorite gift....sorry, I only have a few photos, but here they are..... The other good news is that six of my art pieces are in fact going to be reproduced for the Fall and Christmas Season of 2010 ...... for The Round Top Collection. I am so excited as they will have scripture on them!! More details later ..... I will have the product in the shop next year, as well as my prints of them ..... but cannot post them on a website or blog to sell .... only in the shop .... (as the company will own them, and it will be their product on their website, except for me getting to sell them (their product is metal) and my "prints"in my shop/gallery) .....so next summer come see them! We worked on the art until it was what they were looking for....a few months of long night hours!! The best art job I've ever had!! Am I excited or what?!?! Now I'm just painting for some fun and doing some Christmas orders.... and eating way too many sweets .....! OK, now the boys are playing baseball,.....Dick is swinging that bat like he was 24 again!!! Hey, we may loose some weight! I'll post pictures next time.....Love you all.....Merry Christmas...... remember, the joy is in the little things...! Blessings....sherry

6 comments:

Mary said...

Aren't the little mini mes fun to make??? Mine looks like a little ole granny!!! But with cool glasses!!!! :)

Congrats on your prints, exciting for sure!!!

Sherry, may you have a wonderful, joy-filled Christmas!

Hugs!!

Say It In Color said...

Thanks Mary...you are a treasure from the Lord to be sure!!! Merry Blessed Christmas to you and yours too

DJ said...

Sherry, So happy for your positive activities springing into life and bringing you His Joy! Like one of my fave songs says,"Nothing compares with the greatness of knowing YOU'RE LOVED..."
Your artwork is a thing of beauty to behold. And I GOTTA get me some of those light sticks!!!

Love & Laughter...
and the Merriest of Christmases in the Presence of His Love...
be yours

Carrie said...

I LOVE the bird piece! There is just something about it that is wonderful...I can't even explain why!?! It looks like you have been busy having fun with God's word!! We hope to see you next week, Peyton misses you and wants to give you your Christmas presents!! We'll see you halfway hopefully!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sherry, The pics you took with the light sticks are so cool! Love the effect. jeanne rich

nelda ream said...

Congratulations on your art in the Round Top Collection! That is awesome! I love the bird painting against that pattern, also love that nativity. Happy New Year!