EXCITING CHANGES TO COME!!!

Dick and I have made some big changes for the year to come!! We are downsizing to free us up to do the things we have always wanted to do ..... that is.... free to travel, spend more time together, follow His lead for new adventures, no more retail store after 27 years, more time with kids, but still MORE ART and probably some sewing classes for girls ..... that is a dream right now ..... but the ART won't stop, it will be here on the blog as soon as we finish remodeling our NEW/OLD smaller home about 20 miles away. SO STAY TUNED ... we'll be having a big sale and beautiful house and property SALE in the SUMMER!! MORE FREEDOM ON IT'S WAY!!! WooHoo!!! And THANKS for all your support the last twenty seven years in my shop!!!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

COWBOY CHINTZ...LOOK?

The original (unfinished above) is on wood ....the prints are below...this was a fun, fun piece.... 12x16 ...my favorite...it is a little brighter in person... 11x17 These were done last month, Tallow Berries....originals are 8x8...the prints come with or without the antique German script on front...Mixed media on canvas. Here is one of the new pieces on top...and prints from it...I finished for the Antiques Shows in Round Top/Warrenton Texas....our famous twice a year l o n g show.....in the barns, the fields, tents galore, and front yards....from 77 people in town to 20,000 people....two weeks of pure junkin!!! WOO-HOO!! RAIN-SLEET-OR SNOW...nothing stops them from coming and having fun.... Anyway, I'm as ready as I can get..... with three more canvases to finish....maybe I'll make it!! I have prints of this one and the Rabbit below....11x14 and 12x16's....they are 26.00 each and the rabbit comes in an 8x10 too for 18.00. This one has zinnias around the outer edge ...all from my yard....the swirls are cut out from old Bible pages, a mixed media piece with vintage and new pieces...collage with painting on top of most....I thought it looked slightly WESTERN...pretty colorful!! Many people collect Chintz dishes with all the floral patterns and I love them mixed....so I had a "Chintz" kind of thing going....even with the next ones I'll post next week.....BLESSINGS and ENJOY!!

5 comments:

Mary said...

I love the Cowboy Chintz piece!!
The prints are lovely, but I love the floral side of the original!!!

You do beautiful work Sherry, just beautiful!!!

Hugs!!

Martha Lever said...

You have a lovely blog!!! As you see, I am following you now. I love these prints with the Gernan script and the Chintz and---everything!

Nelda Ream said...

These are so beautiful. Good luck at the show! Breathe! just breathe.

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Sherry, thank you for the sweet blessing that you left for me at Faith Folk. I love your heart and your work. I think that if you and I started to paint together it would be many days before we came up for air :)
Hugs,
Pam

mary bailey said...

Sherry, those tallow berries are wonderful!