EXCITING CHANGES TO COME!!!

Dick and I have made some big changes for the year to come!! We are downsizing to free us up to do the things we have always wanted to do ..... that is.... free to travel, spend more time together, follow His lead for new adventures, no more retail store after 27 years, more time with kids, but still MORE ART and probably some sewing classes for girls ..... that is a dream right now ..... but the ART won't stop, it will be here on the blog as soon as we finish remodeling our NEW/OLD smaller home about 20 miles away. SO STAY TUNED ... we'll be having a big sale and beautiful house and property SALE in the SUMMER!! MORE FREEDOM ON IT'S WAY!!! WooHoo!!! And THANKS for all your support the last twenty seven years in my shop!!!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

ADD A LITTLE SPARKLE....

Click to see the better colors....these look dull... I just noticed the piece of wood showing (hanging on a wooden tree hook on the door) right under the paper with the scripture....well, it is one of the Castanettes that I played when 10 years old living in Spain!! I leave it there and demonstate my talent on occasion! Ha! I've never been into doing arrangements, especially out of silk or artificial flowers. My yard is usually full of flowers, leaves and good smelling dirt in the vegetable garden and have never had the need for the artificial. So when one of the young women at church gave me a dull garrish brite orange and brown plastic wreath to "try and fix up"...as she said.... for the small entry door .... I said ....uh ....ok ..... Well, I was stuck with no supplies and a long way from a store. So I picked crepe myrtle dried blooms (FORGOT TO MENTION ...I sprayed them with a red-ish maroon automotive PRIMER color I found in the garage!! the only color that would work....and I'll use that color again!!) Then added gold and red glitter to them adding them to the wreath.....and then I added pink transparent paint over the really brite orange little pumpkins to soften them then added glitter there too. She said to add a scripture somewhere....so I printed part of a painting with the right colors and glued it in place ....added the soft polka dot ribbon...it was all I had....but I think it turned out A-OK! The scripture is in Spanish for our church and it says, "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." Psalm 28:7 The last photo is an aerial taken by my husband of just the town of Warrenton (population less than 50) before all the crowds....during the Antiques Shows in our county and Round Top.....and this is just one little town! We are rested and enjoying our fall weather!!! Blessings to you all for a blessed Fall of Thanksgiving!!!

10 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

Restoration trumps
perfect beginnings
every time:)
-Jennifer

Emelie said...

You gave it a lift and a message, I think we all love color so much in the fall. We look and look and talk about the wonders of it all.

They chose the right person to give the wreath umph that is obvious and a nice verse with meaning also.

When it has handed you in your story of getting the wreath I saw myself in that position and I had this inner feeling that I get sometimes when people decide I can do something I am not sure I want to do. Bless you for your ideas and willingness. Plus the addition of real things.

Say It In Color said...

Thanks girls....yes Emelie...that IS how I felt!! I forgot to mention that I SPRAYED THE DRIED CREPE MYRTLE WITH PRIMER (AUTOMOTIVE) SPRAY PAINT!!!!! HAHAHA....it was the ONLY Fall-ish color in the garage....and actually it is a great maroonish red!! and matte!....I'll be using that again!!

Poetic Artist said...

Wonderful make over..Colors are very pretty together.

GlorV1 said...

I Think the colors are fantastic and so Fallish. I come via linkz. I'm 157 I think. Maybe it's 159. Tee hee. I always forget, nice blog and I'll be back.

GlorV1 said...

I just came back to say I am #157.:) Take care.

Diane said...

Very excellent Sherry--florals are what I make to fill in my booth at the larger shows. I've been doing them for 20 years now--they're more my job, not my passion. The fall florals are my favorite!

Nelda Ream said...

This turned out really wonderful, Sherry. I love that you restored something yucky and made it beautiful. The maroon and pink, and glitter, looks awesome with the Autumn orange.

That's a great shot of Warrenton that Dick took. It is always amazing to me how that a tiny, sleepy little place like Warrenton/Round Top can swell to such a hub of activity during the antique shows.

suziqu's thread works said...

Colour is one of the threads of life and the way you use them is just divine. I just adore rich colours in my work also.
Beautiful blog!
Suzy

Patrinas Pencil said...

Sherry,
beautiful talent, as usual.
So you lived in Spain? and you have good smelling dirt in your garden? You make me smile :)

thank for visiting the bridge tonight. I loved your comment and will share with my son -in love. thank you for taking the time to listen.

I appreciate you
patrina <")>><
warrior bride in boots