EXCITING CHANGES TO COME!!!

Dick and I have made some big changes for the year to come!! We are downsizing to free us up to do the things we have always wanted to do ..... that is.... free to travel, spend more time together, follow His lead for new adventures, no more retail store after 27 years, more time with kids, but still MORE ART and probably some sewing classes for girls ..... that is a dream right now ..... but the ART won't stop, it will be here on the blog as soon as we finish remodeling our NEW/OLD smaller home about 20 miles away. SO STAY TUNED ... we'll be having a big sale and beautiful house and property SALE in the SUMMER!! MORE FREEDOM ON IT'S WAY!!! WooHoo!!! And THANKS for all your support the last twenty seven years in my shop!!!

Monday, January 17, 2011

HATE HURTS...

Hate does hurt .... I traveled to a near by town and visited and talked with a girl 16 yrs old today who broke down and cried because of the prejudice in her own school and town where she has lived since she was a preschooler. In the early years she was so excited about school and went to school with the joy of an intelligent and promising school girl. She has always been smart and made good grades.... and as she grew up in this small town she was anticipating going to a famous University. She is smart enough to. But financially it is impossible for her family. Her last name puts her in an ethnic group that has experienced so much hatred and anger from so called good people who are evidently fear based...even Christians. I haven't seen her for over a year, I am ashamed to say and I now regret it. I love her and she is an awesome, awesome kid. I feel I have really neglected her. I was shocked when I felt her tears and desperation of needing an education so she can live a better life... and "get out of here..." She IS American and legal, but doesn't feel like "either" one. I feel her hurt so deeply and I am so ashamed of many people in my own country. It HURTS and BREAKS MY HEART....and I'm sorry but I needed a place to say it and tonight it is said here. Please forgive me but maybe this can do some good.... somewhere. Anywhere. Please pray for her ... she is worth it ... she is sooo worth it ... pray she doesn't hate her own country. God knows who she is. As I was grieving her feelings I clicked on this ....and it was what I needed to see, ....and hear. I have no real art for this except this drawing of a young woman who asked me for food the other day while in San Antonio. It is NOT her, the girl I speak of .... just a drawing of despair. I am sorry for this post .... it will be a better week next week. Blessings to you and spread some compassion, love, and hope..... especially to the young. I found a piece I did about when we are in the valleys and hills... the promised land we are to possess that God provided for us .... that it, (we) would be watered by the rain from heaven...not the water we had to carry in buckets or by foot from the river like when in Egypt....Deut. 11:10-15

2 comments:

Mary said...

Sherry please do not apologize for this post we need to hear and be reminded. thank you!

grace and peace

GlorV1 said...

Yes, we always need to hear about these things and be reminded that if we can help someone, we need to do that. Thanks for sharing.