EXCITING CHANGES TO COME!!!

Dick and I have made some big changes for the year to come!! We are downsizing to free us up to do the things we have always wanted to do ..... that is.... free to travel, spend more time together, follow His lead for new adventures, no more retail store after 27 years, more time with kids, but still MORE ART and probably some sewing classes for girls ..... that is a dream right now ..... but the ART won't stop, it will be here on the blog as soon as we finish remodeling our NEW/OLD smaller home about 20 miles away. SO STAY TUNED ... we'll be having a big sale and beautiful house and property SALE in the SUMMER!! MORE FREEDOM ON IT'S WAY!!! WooHoo!!! And THANKS for all your support the last twenty seven years in my shop!!!

Sunday, July 21, 2013

DO I CUT IT?!?? YES...YES...I DID!!!

How do you like my new brush cleaning jar!?  On sale at TJ Max. 4.00!  The lid screws on plus you can't knock it over!  Love it!
This is before I did the last cutting!




It rained all day and I was anxious to continue to create some art. But my work area became so crowded I was knocking things over, so  I decided to clean up for the week of more SEWN Classes coming up....and in cleaning that area of boxes still packed from our move  I found old wallpaper and lots of my old art and doodlings  I can use in paper fabric making and also to put into my visual journals!!  So cleaning was productive and I added onto this piece.  Which now I am going to cut into three strips and rearrange!! There are old local postcards and my art plus vintage paper but mostly just painted papers. Enjoy! And blessings to you!
An old frame that MIGHT work on this one....would like to add some big words on top.....thinking!!

5 comments:

Photocat said...

I need a jar like yours. Sadly enough I live in UK for now, but hey, once I move to New Mexico I will be on the lookout for one of those. I love all your sewn work. It's colorful and pleasant to look at. Downsizing sounds good... And some more travel too. Keep coloring and sewing!

Nancy Lynn said...

I love your beautiful sewn pieces.

Maureen Reynolds said...

Sherry I was moved to clean up too yesterday. Things were getting in each other's way.

Is that strip just 6inches across?

Dana Barbieri said...

Great job Sherry!

Say It In Color said...

Maureen it was 11.5 wide by 33 long then I cut the strips about 3.5 each wide....scarey sometimes to make decisions when you have never done it! This only had a couple of the pattern pieces but had lots of STUFF I found when I cleaned!