EXCITING CHANGES TO COME!!!

Dick and I have made some big changes for the year to come!! We are downsizing to free us up to do the things we have always wanted to do ..... that is.... free to travel, spend more time together, follow His lead for new adventures, no more retail store after 27 years, more time with kids, but still MORE ART and probably some sewing classes for girls ..... that is a dream right now ..... but the ART won't stop, it will be here on the blog as soon as we finish remodeling our NEW/OLD smaller home about 20 miles away. SO STAY TUNED ... we'll be having a big sale and beautiful house and property SALE in the SUMMER!! MORE FREEDOM ON IT'S WAY!!! WooHoo!!! And THANKS for all your support the last twenty seven years in my shop!!!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Friend, Dorothy Shelby's Art...

"Four Friends for Life" "After Baptism singing the song, Wading in the Water.." Five Friends Forever... Field ofBluebonnets in front of the church This one was hand sewn onto a pillow with crochet... "Me in the red dress as a little girl on the right path..." Baptism at the Lake Woman with red Sunday hat... Auntie and me.......and below My Daddy picking cotton. I got a knock on the door this week, and it was an old friend. Our children grew up together going to the same small country school. I remember when she and her husband shared how God called him (them)to start preaching the Good News....he was driving a truck and he heard God's Call, he stopped driving that truck and began preaching. Well, they both tell about the Good News of Jesus Christ at churches and all around, preaching now for many years. I got to read some of her biography....she is quite a woman with many accomplishments! A must read when it is published! And now Dorothy is telling the Good News in ART FORM....painting on anything she can get her hands on. We spent the whole day together talking and sharing about each one of her paintings, the story behind them and how she started in August of 2008. She beamed with excitement and love. She said, "You think I'm an artist?" I said, "You are absolutely an artist!!" She is a Daughter, Wife, Mother, Grand-Mother, Great-Grandmother ...and an Artist! Here are some of her first works that I am privileged to share....she was a bright gift in my week ......please respect the copyright of her paintings as they are not to be reproduced in anyway without the written consent of the artist and her publisher....There will more to come!! For any interest....contact me at sherry@greenpeck.com....she will be selling soon!

3 comments:

deb did it said...

I love LOVE love her art!

Say It In Color said...

Thanks Deb....it was sure a treat for me.....sherry

Anonymous said...

Dorothy's work is wonderful and fresh. Thanks for introducing us to her.