EXCITING CHANGES TO COME!!!

Dick and I have made some big changes for the year to come!! We are downsizing to free us up to do the things we have always wanted to do ..... that is.... free to travel, spend more time together, follow His lead for new adventures, no more retail store after 27 years, more time with kids, but still MORE ART and probably some sewing classes for girls ..... that is a dream right now ..... but the ART won't stop, it will be here on the blog as soon as we finish remodeling our NEW/OLD smaller home about 20 miles away. SO STAY TUNED ... we'll be having a big sale and beautiful house and property SALE in the SUMMER!! MORE FREEDOM ON IT'S WAY!!! WooHoo!!! And THANKS for all your support the last twenty seven years in my shop!!!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I LOVE RED ... and COWS!

It is one week before our people come to our Bed and Breakfast to begin selling at the Round Top Antiques Fair ....two whole weeks of it!! So I will post a a few quick fun things before I get too busy. First is ... yes... I like ...LOVE .... red! And two RED treasures I found this week are posted here. The first is the RED BANDANA BUCKETS, which I will use for our big 4th of July Celebration, I found them on Saturday at the Jersey Barnyard's Gift Shop, an absolutely precious place to take children and big kids too!! Here is their website .... www.texasjersey.com....if you want to experience a heart warming effort to show real country life with dairy cows, goats, chickens, rabbits...feed the baby calves and experience the real life on a farm...even a hay ride to the dairy ... yes a dairy where they get your milk to be exact! And you get to meet "Belle"... the famous Bluebelle Ice Cream Cow you have seen on commercials. It is worth it I promise!! ... and as we were leaving ...the gals were going to do all the feeding!! The next RED thing that I found is the little feed sack dress my own precious Mother hand made for me when I was about 1 year old or less, now I'm 63! I have cherished it for so long and want to frame it some way . Do you see that she hand embroidered little flowers on the front (she taught me to embroider and sew) and then she even picked two little heart shape buttons for the back. As I look at these pictures I imagined her sewing them on and it is still the same thread she used. I just wanted to share my red things for the week! Then I am posting some pictures of our Grand daughter feeding the animals at the Jersey Barnyard .... I won't show it all...you need to go there... it was a perfect day!!! Spring is here!! We live in such a blessed nation and I hope you will all take it in and appreciate all the hard work of our ancestors ..... that made it what it still is to this day. Don't miss our rich heritage, cherish your freedom and share it with others ..... God's Rich Blessings to you all! Happy Spring!!! ....I told you ... the Pioneer Woman has done something to me.....takes me back to the good times.

1 comment:

Werna Gail said...

thank you for coming by my blog, and feel free to use any of the pictures. That car is my son's (only in his dreams).
Such cute pictures, small children and animals just seem to go together. I like your new banner, I have been thinking about a new one just have not done it yet.
Be Blessed.